Saturday 4 August 2012

Flower scarf Ta-dah

Hi all back again i have finally finished
 my Flower scarf.
So here it is the big


TA-DAH

 
I just love it it's so bright and
colourful i think it will bring a 
touch of brightness to those 
dark winter days.

The inspiration for the scarf came
from Lucy over at Attic 24
she makes the most wonderful things,
that's where i spotted hers.
Not being able to find a pattern for the 
flower anywhere on the Internet, (i think it's called 
a Japanese flower), i looked at a close up
of Lucy's and made my own version up.

It wasn't hard to do and i soon had
it cracked. I don't want to tread on 
anyone's toes copyright wise so I'm not going to 
publish my version, but here's a close up of
one of the flowers if you fancy 
having a go yourself.


I used Sirdar Snuggly DK yarn as it comes
in a variety of colours is reasonably priced and
is so soft to the touch.
The hook size i used was 3.75mm and each
flower came out at around 10cm wide.
I made 46 in total and had them in 4 rows of
13,12,11,10.

Woo hoo I've got the telly on 
the Olympics and we have just won
two more golds in the rowing  well done

Go Team GB.

Sorry about that i got a bit excited 
then.
Thanks for looking and have a fab
weekend

take care 
Hugs Angie x


 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angie, just having a catch up now that I'm back from my hols. As usual there are so many gorgeous, homely things to see on your blog - I love visiting! Your scarf is amazing!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angie, Its so good to see you are still blogging! you never come up on my dashboard now and I thought you were taking a break :(
    Saw your comment on Katina's blog and realised you were still around :))
    Love the scarf, its going to be so snug and pretty in the winter months.
    had a peek back at your flowers etc. and they are gorgeous...especially love that yummy teddy,please can I nibble an ear off!...lol
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your wonderful comments
i love to read them
and they are much appreciated.
Hugs to you all Angie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...